Skilled Nursing Care
Skilled nursing care is the most advanced level of private care offered by the professionals from Evergreen Private Care. RNs and LPNs offer a wide range of services that are geared toward meeting the medical needs of the Client. Having a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse available for caregiving is helpful both at home and in assisted living facilities, group homes, or other transitional housing.
Examples of Tasks Performed By Nurses
RNs and LPNs can perform a wide variety of tasks in accordance with their scope of practice. This may include:
- Providing wound care (including dressing changes)
- Administering tube feedings and/or high-tech intravenous therapy
- Administering and managing medications
- Maintaining medical plans
- Providing other nursing care as prescribed by a physician
Let's Talk About client Care
At Evergreen Private Care, we know that listening, assessing and evaluating each Client’s needs is critical for ensuring the highest standard of care for every Client. The in-home assessment we provide customizes the process and assists us in matching the Nurse best suited for each Client.
On a similar note, one of the most important services provided by the Nurses from Evergreen Private Care is the Client Care Conference. This is a meeting held to assess, review and discuss the Client’s plan of care and answer any questions the Client or family may have. This type of private conference provides an excellent opportunity to talk about expectations, review what works best for the Client and ensures that all needs are being fully met.
Three Benefits of Private care
- Giving Clients the nursing care they need in a residential setting may reduce the length of hospital stays and the frequency of clinic visits by ensuring that proper care is provided on a daily basis in a comfortable, familiar and convenient environment.
- Private Nurses relieve family members of the duty of performing complex and unpleasant medical tasks that require skill and patience. Family members don’t have to worry about making mistakes due to fatigue from constant caregiving. They can focus on providing emotional support to their loved one during health challenges.
- RNs and LPNs can focus all their attention on their Client’s needs, helping ensure an excellent standard of care. They have the ability to facilitate customized care based on the Client’s preferences and requirements.