Our Expert, Carefully-Screened Skilled Home Health Care Assistants Can Help
Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) and Home Health Aides (HHAs) offer Clients help with many daily self-care tasks as part of our skilled home health care services. Evergreen Private Care’s professionals can offer the same socialization and light housekeeping services offered by a Companion and much more. They are trained to be aware of changes in their Client’s behavior and vital signs that might indicate the need for medical intervention.
Who Can Benefit from Skilled Caregiving?
Skilled Caregiving is a preferred option for Clients who are too ill, disoriented, or physically unable to do things for themselves. CNAs and HHAs offer assistance to Clients who:
- Have difficulty performing daily self-care and hygiene tasks
- Should be monitored for signs of a change in health condition
- Require assistance to maintain mobility
- Need non-invasive postoperative care
- Must be supported in moving in and out of bed or in using a mobility device
CNAs and HHAs are an important part of our skilled home health care team that helps Clients recover or maintain their health and quality of life. The experienced assistants and aides sent by Evergreen Private Care are sensitive to the fact that each Client has a different level of ability. They are careful to preserve the dignity, privacy and independence of Clients by providing the ideal level of support needed for each task.
Certified Nursing Assistants Go Where They Are Needed
CNAs and HHAs may provide services in a variety of settings. While they are often retained for home-based care after surgery or hospitalization or for hospice care at home, they can also serve Clients in a variety of other settings. These include group homes, assisted living centers, and retirement communities.
Typical Caregiving Tasks
An HHA or CNA may perform many daily tasks around the home to assist the Client. In a typical day, they may provide assistance by running errands or:
- Providing “hands on” care, including bathing, dressing, shaving, skin, mouth and hair care
- Measuring temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure, intake and output of fluids (if necessary)
- Assisting with eating
- Assisting with the use of ambulation devices (wheelchair, walker, etc.)
- Emptying a colostomy bag
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion (ROM) exercises
- Assisting with prescribed ice cap or collar
Choosing the Right Certified Nursing Assistant Matters
When a Client needs Skilled Home Health Care, we know that they are often in distress and feeling vulnerable. Often their level of ability to care for themselves has recently changed, they are recovering from a surgery or illness or they are in end-of-life care. In any event, there can be many stressors involved. Realizing that there are many stressors involved our goal is to make the process of finding the right CNA or HHA as quick and stress-free as possible. Thank you for placing your confidence in Evergreen Private Care.